Anyone who’s spent time in extreme weather with their guns knows that bad effects cold temperatures and rain can have on your rifle.
Water can damage your guns, causing corrosion, rust, and other negative effects on your weapons.
Even if you buy a rifle that is made for “all weather”, the effects of extreme weather are still hard to avoid.
With a few easy tips, you can fight back against weather damage and keep your guns in working order no matter where you go.
If you’re buying rifle specifically for such conditions, check out our list of the Best Rifles For Mountain Hunting!
1. The Basics – Keep Your Gun Oiled To Prevent Corrosion
This one seems like a no brainer. Keep your gun clean and well maintained with some basic gun oil or oil wipes. With the exception of the bore, you want to oil all surfaces of the barrel and action. If done often, this will do a lot to prevent damaging corrosion. Check out these tips for oiling your guns!
- Watertight, crushproof & dustproof, Waterproof, Chemical Resistant, Shock Proof, Pressure Valve
- Cases come standard with an Automatic Pressure Equalization Valve which releases built up air pressure while keeping water out
- Internal Dimensions:7.6X4.8X5.3 Inch
2. Use Muzzle Tape To Protect Your Bore
Use some electrical tape to keep your bore protected. Keeping your bore taped to prevent damage won’t effect your shot, either. The tape comes right off when you fire and your shot fires completely straight with no effect on the accuracy. Just be sure not to oil your bore as that will effect your accuracy. Here’s how to tape your bore-
3. Use Lip Balm On Your Scope Mount Screws
This is a little known trick- cover the mount screws with lip balm after mounting your scope. The balm fills the space in the head of the screw and keeps water away from the metal. This combats rust even better than oil, and lip balm comes off easily when you clean your gun.
What tricks do you use to weatherproof your guns?
Keeping your guns weatherproofed is only part of the battle; do you want to know how to keep your guns safe? Get your How to Hide Your Guns guide today! This guide is a great deal, you get all the advice you need to keep your guns secure for just $7! Click here to grab yours while supplies last: http://t.survivallife.com/hide-your-guns-21987
- Authentic Grunt Style apparel sold by Authorized Retailer
- Sizing tends to run small, order a size up if you're unsure
- Ultra soft and comfortable