Elegant, classy, and affordable, the CZ Sharp-Tail could be the side-by-side shotgun for your everyday shooting pleasures. The CZ side-by-side shotgun is one of the sharpest shotguns in the market. This beauty has black chrome contrasts perfectly complemented with a walnut stock and fore-end. The lightness of the gun is enough to point quickly at the target. Its handling characteristics fit just right to any shooter using it. Scroll down to know more about CZ Sharp-Tail.
CZ Sharp-Tail: The Classy Side-by-Side Shotgun
This beauty features a selectable mechanical trigger, coil spring hammers, case-hardened receiver, walnut stock made in Turkey, and some floating firing pins. The classy double shotgun is not far within your reach due to its very affordable price, having the quality and performance that will certainly please you. The CZ Sharp-Tail is produced by the CZ or Ceska Zbrojovka a.s. Uhersky Brod and has now built a branch in the U.S. from the Czech Republic.
The CZ Sharp-Tail is originally designed for sporting clays and has varieties of gauges for you to choose from. This beauty includes five flush choke tubes along with the polymer case that will suit your shooting action very well.
- Gauge: 12, 20, 28, and .410
- Max shell length: 3”
- Safety: Manual
- Barrel length: 28”
- Chokes: 5 Flush Interchangeable; 410” bore is Fixed IC/MOD
- Length of pull: 5”
- Style of fore-end: Semi-Beavertail
- Finish (Receiver): Color-Case Hardened
- Finish (Barrel): Black Hard Chrome
- Overall Length: 75”
- Weight: 5.9-7.3 lbs (depending on the gauge)
- Comb: 5”
- Heel: 25”
- Trigger Mechanism: Single Selectable
Ease of Use and Performance
The sharpness of the Sharp-Tail helps you make quick moves in shooting your target. It is made for sporting clays and hunting. It is lightweight, making it easier for you to point easily at your target and heavy enough to swing well. Overall, it is much smaller but the precision of its performance is definitely not lessened.
Pros and Cons
- Varieties – You have options in choosing the gauge length to purchase and flush choke tubes to partner along with it.
- Sharp – Its overall features unite with each other, offering you sharp shooting actions that will bring your target down in an instant.
- Size – Its small size will not hinder nor add trouble to the user during hunting or in competitions.
- Single-Selectable trigger – It is much slower than shooting with double triggers because you have to deal with the recoil and barrel flip of the first barrel before you can shoot again, giving time for your target to get away in a few seconds.
Overall Verdict and Price
The price ranges from $1,000 to $1,300 (depending on the store and model). For a very reasonable price, this buddy has excellent features and great performance. This side-by-side shotgun is something you would want to own, especially if you’re into some sporting clay.
Take a look at the CZ Sharp-Tail in the video below by czusafirearms:
Side-by-side shotgun manufacturers made something worth having with this firearm. The CZ Sharp-Tail is your go-to shotgun in your trap shooting, bird hunting, and sporting clay. It will surely satisfy your shooting pleasures and you might find it hard not to consider it. I’ll probably get one for myself in the near future.
Do you own a CZ Sharp-Tail? What features do you like best about this shotgun? We’d love to know your thoughts in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on March 28, 2017 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.