The market produces so many customizable guns to give firearm enthusiasts more to think about. Some changes not only enhance a gun’s functionality but also gives it a badass look compared to how it came out of the box. If you’re fond of accessorizing your firearm, then go ahead and do so to your heart’s content. Feel free to customize your own handgun or any firearm as you desire! Just keep in mind that because there is an accessory for a gun, it doesn’t mean you have to bolt it on. I prefer just having upgraded iron sights or an EOTech and a light on an AR-15. These customizable guns are known for having numerous aftermarket and replaceable parts like triggers, sights, stocks, you name it!
Customizable Guns: Firearms with Tons of Accessories
1. Mossberg 500
The one shown here has a custom fore-end, heat shield, and an ATI stock. This shotgun is ultra customizable and a very popular choice as a tactical shotgun for home defense. Do a simple Google search and you will find hundreds of customized Mossbergs and the different accessories you can get for it.
- Mossberg Shotshell Carrier - Compatible with models: Mossberg 500, 590 & 590DA 12GA Shotguns.
- Carry Additional 6 Shots - The Mossberg 500 and 590 shotguns are great but the one thing that is annoying about most shotguns like these is their low ammo capacity. The 6-round carrier is a good choice to bring additional shots.
- Each to Reach - Whenever you want to put a few more shells into the chamber of your shotgun, you can just reach to the side of your weapon and pull out another shell without your other hand having to lose its grip on the handle.
2. Remington 870
This Remington 870 has the Warhammer Rail that goes all the way from one end to the other and one on each side. It has a flashlight, laser, red dot sight with backup foldable front sights, and an ATI stock. All the accessories on these shotguns are from different manufacturers, which shows how big the aftermarket accessories industry really is.
This handgun comes from the factory with a lot of cool, tricked-out accessories already on it. And yet, the 1911 gun is one of the most customizable handguns in the world. Anyone of your gun enthusiast friends may have a custom 1911 or custom Glock of their own safekeeping.
There are more people in the aftermarket 1911 gun parts industry than any other gun, including the AR-15. It is also one of the first guns to ever be customized with high night sights, beavertail grip safety, and forward cocking serrations.
4. 10-22 Rifle
If you were to only have one gun in your arsenal, this would be it. This gun allows installation of folding stocks, collapsing stocks, barrel shrouds, sights, rails, etc. You can easily spend over $2,500 building out your 10-22 and still have many more options to accessorize the firearm.
The AR-15 already comes with a collapsing stock out of the box. You have rails, charging handles, bipod, red dot sights, EOTechs, lights, lasers for an all-around choice of add-ons.
- Heavy Duty waterproof case with pre-cut foam holds AR-15 Rifle with collapsible stock (Max overall rifle length of 34.8") along with a Semi-Auto Pistol. Case also fits x2 (standard or pmag) 30rd 5.56/.223 magazines & x1 pistol magazine (+1 in the pistol magwell). Built in accessory pocket will hold loose gear such as safety equipment, tools, and ammunition. Pistol cutout also includes perforations for a flashlight or laser. Stay organized, look professional & protect your gear!
- Custom foam is closed cell polyethylene & meets Mil-Spec packaging requirements. Included is a variety of perforations to fit a wide range of optics (within 3.7" height) along with under barrel or over barrel attachments such as lasers, flashlights & foregrips. Use the included razor blade to connect the perforations so you can accommodate your unique rifle setup. If you do not need to remove a specific perforation, leave it in place and it won’t accidently tear nor will you be able to see it.
- Case comes with a small waterproof accessory box that has a designated cutout to store small items. Also included is a reusable moisture removing silica gel canister to prevent gun rust. The canister has a built in viewing window that notifies you when saturated at which point you can recharge it by baking it in the oven. Once baked the canister will be ready for use again. This recharge process can be done indefinitely. Your climate & rifle usage will dictate how often a recharge is required.
In addition, most AR-15s come with a flat top upper ready for accessorizing. One accessory you want to have is the B.A.D. Lever, which allows you to drop your mag and close the bolt with one finger. It is unbelievable how many accessories you can equip this firearm with!
Check out this video for an in-depth explanation of these 5 most customizable guns courtesy of Iraqveteran8888:
The gun industry already makes a fortune from selling guns and ammunition. And now, they have opened up another avenue for business by introducing a wide range of customized guns. I personally feel like I’m a kid again, getting all pumped up with my new toy. Only this time, I’m dealing with the real thing. All these different options to customize a firearm is, indeed, a paradise for gun dudes out there!
- PROTECT YOUR HEARING - Walker's Razor Ear Muffs have an ultra low-profile design featuring extra slim ear cups, for a secure fit; these ear muffs protect against hazardous noises, while still letting you clearly hear everything going on around you
- SOUND AMPLIFICATION - Walker’s Razor Ear Muffs amplify safe sounds using two hi-gain microphones to provide clear omni-directional hearing; The low end frequencies are enhanced to produce accurate, natural sound
- RUGGED DESIGN - These muffs feature a rugged design with a rubberized coating, helping to prevent damage to the interior electronics; the housing is made from a sound dampening composite; the headband is a padded metal wire frame
What customizations have you tried with your firearm? Share your ideas in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published in December 2017 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.
9 Hours To Build A 1911, .45 In Your Basement (Or Garage) CLICK HERE The best part is that the government can't ban this handgun or confiscate it because there's no serial number, no registration and it's 100% legal.