Finding a precision rifle that works for you is a vital aspect of long-range shooting. Here is a list of the top precision rifles that are affordable and have exceptional performance.
The Only Precision Rifle List Long-Range Shooters and Hunters Need
1. Remington Model 700 Magpul
Remington added its X-Mark Pro trigger and renowned carbon-steel Model 700 barreled action to the Magpul Hunter polymer stock to create a precision rifle that guarantees long-range accuracy. The 22-inch heavy barrel on this .260 Rem Remington floats freely and therefore has better precision.
- It comes in 22″ or 24″ barrels.
- Overall length is 41.5″ to 43.5″
- Unloaded weight is between 8.75 and 9 lbs.
- Comes with a commendable capacity of 5 rounds.
2. MasterPiece Arms BA Lite PCR
The BA Lite PCR is the precision rifle to go for if you want to get into long-range gun games as it is commonly used in competition. This rifle features several match-ready requirements like a built-in bubble level, muzzle brake, thumb notch, bag rider, and a spigot mount. Also, it features the Remington Model 700 action mated to a Bergara honed 26-inch M24 barrel profile.
- Decent 10-round AICS type magazine
- Weighs 20lbs
- 1 to 3 lbs. trigger pull
- 5/8-24 TPI barrel muzzle thread
3. Rise Armament 1121XR
The 1121XR was designed for shooters who want more out of a .308 Win chambered AR-platform rifle. As far as customization and accessory options go, a featured Picatinny rail system has you sorted.
What’s more, it features a single-stage RA-535 trigger with a 3.5-pound pull for a crisp release and short reset for swift follow-up shots. This translates to zero overtravel and improved stay on the target both of which are crucial in precision shooting. Don’t forget the RA-701 compensator that helps reduce muzzle rise for quicker follow-up shots.
- Weighs in at 9 lbs. 8 0z.
- 20″ barrel
- 3.5 lbs. trigger pull
4. Mossberg MVP Precision
The newly launched MVP Precision rifles come with Luth-AR MBA-3 adjustable stocks and an all-new aluminum chassis. This precision rifle utilizes the innovative MVP bolt action, which is compatible with AR-pattern 10+1 magazines.
The rifles come chambered in .308 Winchester and 6.5 Creedmoor with 20 and 24-inch bull barrels, respectively. Both of these variants use adjustable LBA triggers.
- Adjustable trigger pull
- 39.25″ to 43.25″ overall length
- Weighs 9.2-10 lbs.
5. Howa APC Chassis Rifle
The forend on Howa APC Chassis Rifle features M-LOK attachment points and allows the barrel to float effortlessly. At the rear is an ergonomic grip on a fully adjustable LUTH-AR MBA-4 Fully Adjustable Stock.
The best part is that the rifle comes in a standard or heavy barrel and can be bought as a complete kit with a 20-MOA mount and a Nikko Stirling Diamond Long Range scope. You will also love that it comes in a wide array of calibers and magazine capacities.
- Comes chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor or .308 WIN
- 16.25″ heavy threaded barrel 5/8″-24
- 24″ heavy threaded barrel 5/8″-24
- Features 10-round detachable magazines
6. A*B Arms MOD*X GEN III Modular Rifle System – Howa 1500 SA
The MOD*X GEN III Modular Rifle System in Howa 1500 SA by the American Built Arms Company is designed for hunting enthusiasts, law enforcement, and the military. It is an ergonomic and lightweight drop-in chassis for the Howa 1500 Short Action.
All in all, its entire system is modular and can be customized to suit any shooter’s needs.
CLAIM YOUR FREE ANKLE HOLSTER: CLICK HERE It's more important than ever to carry a handgun with a premium ankle holster in today's America with violent rioters, the mentally ill, and defunded police departments.
- Accepts AR-15 rifle pistol grip and butt stock
- Weighs in at 3lbs 2oz
- LOP adjustability ranges from 10.62”-15.69”
- Utilizes AICS-style MDT magazines
7. Christensen Arms Modern Precision Rifle
The Modern Precision Rifle features a 7075 Billet Aluminum Chassis with a carbon-fiber handguard with 14 or 17-inch carbon fiber handguard with M-Lok.
Lastly, the action has a spiral-fluted bolt, 20-MOA rail, a match-grade flat trigger plus a sub-MOA accuracy guarantee, various magazine capacities, and calibers.
- Calibers include 6.5 PRC, 6mm CRD, 223Rem, 6.5 Creedmoor, 6.5 PRC, .308 Win, .300 Norma, .300 PRC, .300 WM, and .300 Lapua
- The overall length comes in 16″, 20″, 22″, 24″, 26″ and 27″
8. Bergara Premier Series LRP
Being part of the Bergara Premier Series, you can bet that this bolt-action rifle is the closest you will get to a custom rifle without a high price tag. The chassis is designed from a solid 6061-T6 aluminum billet and features an AR-15-style grip and an adjustable buttstock for comb height and length of pull.
This precision rifle offers the perfect fit for shooters in any shooting position. Also, with a 5-round capacity and various calibers, the LRP guarantees sub-1.0 MOA groups at 100 yards with match-grade factory ammo.
- Comes chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor/1:8, 6mm Creedmoor/1:8, .308 Win/1:10, .300 WIN mag/1:10
- Barrel lengths include 20″ to 26″
- 39.5”- 46” of overall length
- Has a 5-round magazine capacity
9. CZ 557 Urban Counter-Sniper
The 16-inch barreled Urban Counter-Sniper is an outstanding .308 Winchester bolt action. Though it has a short barrel, this precision rifle will lose only 150 fps compared to standard barrels.
Besides, this .308 rifle gets a full burn-in of about 16 inches. This size is ideal for shorter engagements like targets up to 400 yards.
Note: The carbon-fiber composite stock guarantees plenty of stability without adding too much heft to the rifle’s 8.48-pound unloaded weight.
- The overall length is 39.5″
- Come in a 10-round capacity
10. DoubleStar Midnight Dragon
The Midnight Dragon is meticulously designed for long-range precision. It features a 24-inch, spiral-fluted barrel that offers sub-MOA accuracy.
- An ergonomic Tactical Deluxe pistol grip
- A free-floating aluminum handguard
- Skeletonized ACE ARFX buttstock
- A two-stage trigger
- Tactical latch charging handle
11.Daniel Defense DD5V2 M-LOK
The 7.62mm NATO DD5V2 M-LOK is designed around a cold-hammer-forged, 18-inch barrel with the rifle-length gas system offering reliable and smooth cycling.
It accepts SR25 pattern magazines and comes with a two-stage trigger, magazine catch, free-floating M-LOK handguard, modular charging handle, and an ambidextrous safety selector.
- The overall length is 35.375″
- Weighs 8.6 lbs.
12. Kimber Advanced Tactical SRC II
Hand-built rifles don’t get better than this Suppressor-Ready Compact (SRC) II precision rifle by Kimber. It comes with a wide range of features, including an AR-style pistol grip, aluminum chassis with a night-vision mount, and a side-folding stock.
Its 16-inch barrel comes threaded for a suppressor and is mated to Kimber’s Model-70 action. Like other precision rifles in this list, the .308 Win SRC II also comes with a sub-0.5-MOA accuracy guarantee.
- The overall length is 37″
- Weighs 10.5 lbs.
- Has a 5-round capacity
Note: The threaded barrel has a 3-position Model 70-type wing safety
13. Rock River Arms LAR-8 Predator HP
Any hunting enthusiast will love the LAR-8 Predator HP, a supercharged .308/7.62mm NATO AR from Rock River Arms. It packs many functional features, including a free-floating handguard, 20-inch fluted barrel, low-profile gas block, and two-stage trigger.
Don’t forget that the rifle also comes with a fixed or collapsible stock, a Hogue grip, and an operator brake.
- Its overall length is between 42.25″
- Come in an outstanding 20+1 capacity
- Weighs 9.2 to 9.5 lbs.
14. Savage Arms 10/110 BA Stealth
Bolt-action rifles allow you to rule the field and range, and these rifles are no different. They feature a monolithic aluminum chassis and each barreled action is factory blueprinted to guarantee optimal accuracy. A fully adjustable buttstock absorbs recoil at the rear. It comes in various calibers but we will focus on the .308 Win here.
- Barrel length is 20″
- The overall length is between 42.75 – 44.25″
- Has a 10-round magazine
- Length of pull 14 – 15.5″
- Weighs between 11.25 lbs.
15. Ruger Precision Rifle 18085 Model
The Ruger Precision Rifle was specifically designed for long-range shooting. This bolt action is fully modular and utilizes AR-15-style components for easy customization.
You can swap out the stock, barrel, handguard, and pistol grip to suit your needs. With a 70-degree bolt throw, you can expect a super smooth action.
- Barrel length is 26″
- Its overall length is between 45.25″- 48.75″
- Chambered in 6mm Creedmoor
- Weighs between 12.8 lbs.
- Length of pull 12″ – 15.50″
16. Smith & Wesson M&P10 6.5 Creedmoor
Smith & Wesson took its renowned gas-operated M&P10 platform and transformed it into a long-range shooter by chambering it in 6.5 Creedmoor. It also features a 15-inch free-floating Troy M-LOK handguard, two-stage match trigger, and a fixed Magpul buttstock.
- Has a 20″ barrel
- Its overall length is 39.5″
- Weighs 9.05 lbs. when empty
- Its capacity is 10 rounds
17. Tikka T3x TAC A1
The T3x TAC A1 comes with a modular aluminum chassis that uses AR components, including the pistol grip, stock, and a 13.5-inch M-LOK fore-end.
Its two-stage trigger unit is adjustable for pull weight, while the full-length top rail allows you to mount night-vision gear and optics. Lastly, the rifle comes in a 10+1 capacity.
- Barrels are available in 16″, 20″ and 24″
- The overall length is 26.75″, 30.55″ and 34.21″
- Has a 10+1 capacity
- Its unloaded weight is 10.36 lbs., 10.8lbs. , and 11.24 lbs
- It is chambered in .308 Win, .260 Rem and 6.5 Creedmoor
18. Steyr SSG 04
The SSG 04 bolt-action rifle features a noticeably heavy cold-hammer-forged barrel. The action and barrel have a durable Mannox finish, while its synthetic stock features an adjustable length of pull and cheek riser. It is chambered in .308 Winchester and .300 Winchester Magnum.
- Has an overall length of 42.6″
- Weighs 10.3 lbs.
- Barrel lengths are 20″ or 23.6″
- Comes in a 10-round capacity (.308) and 8-round capacity (.300)
19. Weatherby Vanguard Modular Chassis
This Weatherby rifle boasts a modular chassis made from aluminum, vanguard barreled action, and MBA-1 stock. These combine to create a precision rifle that guarantees 0.99-inch three-shot groups at 100 yards with premium ammo. The rifle also features a 20-inch barrel and is threaded for muzzle devices.
- Weighs 8 lbs.
- Magazine capacity is 10
- Three-position safety
20. Savage Impulse Hog Hunter
The all-new straight-pull rifle from savage combines the speed of a semi-automatic and the confidence and accuracy of a traditional bolt. This pure movement allows for faster follow-up shots with quicker target reacquisition for repeatable and instinctive accuracy. This rifle is packed with innovative technologies driven by safety like the hex lock system, making it a worthy precision rifle.
- A proven four-bolt barrel clamp
- Comes with a rotatory bolt handle
- Allows for barrel extension
- Is chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, 30-06 SPFLD, 300 Win Mag, and 308 Win
21. Sig Sauer Cross 16B-FLC
Designed and built with the input of military snipers, hunters, and elite long-range shooters, the CROSS precision rifle was developed to meet the demands of both extreme backcountry hunting and precision long-range shooting.
It features a folding stock, one receiver for increased accuracy, and various barrel lengths and calibers.
- Weighs under 6.5 lbs
- 16″ barrels
- 1:10 twist rate
- 36.5″ overall length
- 8″ height
- 2.9″ overall width
22. Tikka T3x
The Tikka T3x manufacturers combine their long-standing gunsmith prowess with the real experiences of sport shooters and Tikka hunters worldwide.
It features a new modular synthetic stock with interchangeable pistol grips, allowing you to modify the angle of the grip. This allows for multiple shooting positions.
The new recoil pad technology reduces the impact of recoil on the shooter, allowing you to concentrate on making accurate shots.
- Has reduced stock noise
- Comes with a redesigned ejection port
- Has an improved rail attachment
- Features a steel recoil lug
23. Springfield Armory 2020 Waypoint
The first thing you notice out of the box is the premium hand-painted carbon fiber stock in Ridgeline camo or Evergreen. The stock on this precision rifle features strategically placed QD mounts that allow you to sling it in various configurations.
What’s more, an optional three-axis adjustable cheek comb allows you to dial in the perfect angle for comfort during repeatable shooting.
- Has the SA radial brake
- Comes with a decelerator recoil pad
- Has a patterned magazine
24. Tikka T1x MTR
Like the T3x, the T1x also comes with a new modular synthetic stock with interchangeable pistol grips that offer you the freedom for multiple shooting positions. The synthetic stock also features an additional attachment point that allows you to alter the width of the stock’s fore-end.
Lastly, the new asymmetrical grip pattern and shape are specifically designed to provide a solid grip in all conditions.
- Has a 10-round magazine
- Comes with a cold-hammer-forged barrel
- It is chambered in 22 LR and 17 HMR
There you go, long-range shooters. With such an extensive list, you can bet on finding one precision rifle that will suit all your hunting needs. Moreover, all the rifles in this list are affordable, and it would not hurt to invest in more than one—happy shopping long-range enthusiasts.
Which of these precision rifles would you prefer? Let us know in the comment section below!
- Top 5 Best Henry Lever Action Rifles For Home Defense and Hunting | Gun Carrier
- 5 Best Lever Action Rifles You Can Use For Survival And Hunting
- Your Child’s First Firearm | 8 Options For Your Kids
Disclaimer: All content on this site is for informational purposes only. Please read our full disclaimer here.