Mr. Obama is like my 5 year old daughter in more ways than one…
What am I talking about here? When my kid wants a piece of candy, she’ll generally ask for it. She’s a good little girl like that. But, if the first parent says “no,” she kicks and screams, stomping her feet as she storms off to her bedroom.
At some point, however, she gets the hair-brained idea that if she asks the other parent (thus bypassing the first one) she’ll get that coveted piece of delicious sugar. Sadly, her trick sometimes works just because both parents aren’t in the same room, or aren’t paying proper attention.
After all, the laundry needs to get done, the vacuum needs to pick up dirt, and the bills have to get paid.
Much in the same way, Mr. Obama asks his fellow elected officials for something—say gun-control. Usually, they say “no,” and he is forced to kick and scream as he scampers off to his bedroom to shove his face into his pillow and scream like a 5 year old girl, at the top of his lungs.
Then, he remembers that he can bypass his parents and write an executive order that’ll give him what he was after. He goes around the actual law-makers to introduce a fake law as he pretends it is the law of the land.
Gun-control is something that he’s been dreaming about for a while. And now, it seems like he is actually going to try to do something about it. Although, I do have to admit that there isn’t anything crazy going on here, and not a whole heck of a lot is going to change.
Lately, with our commander in chief laying waste to our constitution, it seems like we are fighting a battle that cannot be won.
Sadly, many feel as though it is just a matter of time before the ultra-leftwing radicals make firearms totally illegal to own. Whether or not they’ll admit that, is a different topic. However, I don’t believe we are there just yet.
Remember: The longest journey begins with the first step. Is this executive order that first step? Only time will tell.
On the 4th of January, 2016, the white house made an announcement of what gun control measures they were planning to bypass congress with by way of an executive order.
Here is an excerpt from someone I used to write for on a freelance basis, The Truth About Guns, outlining the EO in further detail:
- The FBI will hire more than 230 additional examiners and other staff to help process background checks.
- The President’s FY2017 budget will include funding for 200 new ATF agents and investigators to help enforce gun laws.
- ATF has established an Internet Investigation Center to track illegal online firearms trafficking and is dedicating $4 million and additional personnel to enhance the National Integrated Ballistics Information Network.
- ATF is finalizing a rule to ensure that dealers who ship firearms notify law enforcement if their guns are lost or stolen in transit.
- The Administration is proposing a new $500 million investment to increase access to mental health care.
- The Social Security Administration has indicated that it will begin the rulemaking process to include information in the background check system about beneficiaries who are prohibited from possessing a firearm for mental health reasons.
- The Department of Health and Human Services is finalizing a rule to remove unnecessary legal barriers preventing States from reporting relevant information about people prohibited from possessing a gun for specific mental health reasons
- The President has directed the Departments of Defense, Justice, and Homeland Security to conduct or sponsor research into gun safety technology.
- The President has directed the departments to review the availability of smart gun technology on a regular basis, and to explore potential ways to further its use and development to more broadly improve gun safety.
- [New regulations will] clarify that it doesn’t matter where you conduct your business—from a store, at gun shows, or over the Internet: If you’re in the business of selling firearms, you must get a license and conduct background checks.
- Require background checks for people trying to buy some of the most dangerous weapons and other items through a trust or corporation.
Get The Original: Click here to get your FREE Outlaw T-Shirt!
What does all of this mumbo jumbo mean? For the average firearm owner, it doesn’t mean a whole lot. Unless you’re mentally ill, own NFA items or sell firearms for profit without a license, you have nothing to worry about. At least, not this time around.
I can point out, however, that while most of this stuff doesn’t matter to you and I, there is one bullet point above the bothers me enough that makes me want mention it to you. For some reason, most of the other firearm related websites don’t seem to think it is a big idea.
So, maybe I’m overreacting.
But, the fact that the Department of Health and Human Services are finalizing a rule to remove legal barriers that prevent states to report those who have a mental illness from buying a firearm is concerning. I think this needs to be expounded on a bit more.
What exactly is a mental illness, and who gets to say what it is? If someone had sought help for depression after a loved one died, does that mean they can never buy a firearm? And, what about doctor-patient confidentiality? Doesn’t that account for anything? How about veterans who’ve seen battle and have PTSD?
I’m not sure, but that one is concerning to me.
So, the 5 year old girl got the candy…sort of. Only time will tell what the future holds. But one thing is absolutely certain: This is an uphill battle that won’t be easily won. This battle is such that neither side will purposefully give up ground to the other, and will drag on for a long time.
What can you do? I urge you to continue to stimulate the economy by purchasing more guns and ammo, and go to the range for practice. Who knows when you’ll need to put your skills to use.
CLAIM YOUR FREE ANKLE HOLSTER: CLICK HERE It's more important than ever to carry a handgun with a premium ankle holster in today's America with violent rioters, the mentally ill, and defunded police departments.