Forget expensive jewelry and shoes; invest in these bad boys instead. These are the best guns for women to use and protect themselves with!
Best Guns for Women | What Are Your Options?
Ammunition Definition: A supply of bullets to be fired from guns or any mechanical weapon. Ammunition comes in many different types (size and power) as with the firearm it’s used for.
Self-Defense Handguns for Women
Women must have something to defend themselves with, especially if they’re living alone. Since threats are always lurking around the corner, there are instances when a stun gun or an airsoft gun may not be enough.
It’s good to know there are firearms that women can easily work with. Check out the best female gun reviews below and decide what’s best for your lady shooter.
1. Springfield Armory 1911
If you are looking for a gun for home defense purposes, the Springfield Armory 1911 can be one of your best picks. Power, accuracy, and convenience—this weapon has it all.
Plus, the weight is manageable, making it easier for women to shoot with precision.
2. Nighthawk Lady Hawk
— Guns.com (@Guns_com) January 12, 2018
9 mm caliber, reduced overall frame circumference, well-contoured magazine—these are only some of the features that make Nighthawk Lady Hawk the best gun for women. In fact, it was designed with great consideration for what women want and need.
So if you are creating a wish list, you may want to include this.
3. Kel-Tec P3AT
This semi-automatic, lock-bridged pistol is so easy to carry around, you won’t have problems trying to hide it under your clothes. While it may be small at first glance, you will definitely find it easy to manipulate, especially with its laser feature.
The Kel-Tec P3AT is definitely one of the best small handguns for women to conceal.
- ONE SIZE FITS MOST - Neoprene band is adjustable and stretches to fit up to a 44" belly. (Measure hips or belly not pant size) Also available in XL size on separate listing. Soft and comfortable enough to wear directly against your skin.
- ONE SIZE FITS ALL HOLSTER - Surgical grade elastic holster fits small subcompact, compact, and even full size pistols and revolvers. 380, 9mm, 40 auto, 45 ACP, 38 special, 357, and 10mm etc.
- CARRY IN ANY POSITION - Can be worn inside the waistband IWB, outside the pants OWB, cross draw, appendix, 5 O'clock (behind hip), twelve oclock, small of back, and even high up like a shoulder holster or concealed carry shirt.
4. Ruger SR9c
One of the main reasons why this is a top pick for women is its weight of just around 24 ounces. Likewise, the grip is really slim, making it convenient for any woman to use.
5. Ruger LCP
View this post on Instagram
@Regrann from @projectbryant – Best pocket gun out there? . . . . . – #concealdcarry #gun #holster #concealedweapons #edcgear #everydaydump #pistol #rugerlcp #ruger #380acp #380 #supportthesecond #2nd #2ndamendment #thepewpewlife #pewpew #pewpewlife #dailycarry #carrylife #gunlover #gunrange #380auto #pockettool #pocketvomit #everydaydump #everydaycarry #edc – #regrann
If you want to start with the basics, you can buy a Ruger LCP, which is commonly known as a small pistol. While a lot of people consider this gun ideal for self-defense because of its .380 ammunition, you can increase its stopping power by buying special self-defense rounds.
- Range bag DIMENSIONS: 16"L X 11"W X 9"H Outer Case. 15"L X 7"W X 9"H Main Compartment. Pistol bag has tons of space to store 3+ handguns plus gun and range accessories
- DURABLE: This gun bag is durable, yet lightweight. Made from high quality 600D polyester fabric, our tactical range bag is double sewn at all strength points. The perfect companion for those tired of carrying heavy range bags.
- SECURE: Gun range bag includes premium high quality LOCKABLE, YKK zippers on both side pouches. Luggage lock (NOT INCLUDED)
6. Kel-Tec PMR-30
View this post on Instagram
PMR30’s make great backpacking sidearms. Light weight and chambered in 22MAG. ————— ————— #keltec #pmr30 #keltecpmr30 #22mag #gun #guns #gunporn #gunsofinstagram #gunstagram #bocaraton #bocaratonfl #delraybeach #boyntonbeach #deerfieldbeach #highlandbeach #gulfstream #2a #2ndamendment
If you are looking for a gun that is both accurate and lightweight, the Kel-Tec PMR-30 won’t let you down. While it may be difficult for some women to pull a trigger, this gun can absolutely help you shoot accurately even if you are a newbie.
7. Charter Arms Pink Lady Undercover Lite
It may look like a bad product and a cliché to find a pink gun on the list of the best weapons for women, but if you want to maintain that femininity while making sure you are protected, this gun is perfect. This .38 special only weighs 12 ounces, and you will definitely fall in love with its precision.
- THE MOST DURABLE AND COMFORTABLE BELLYBAND - For men and Women
- ONE SIZE FITS MOST - Stretches to fit 17" waist up to a 45" waist. Simply measure your hips (not your pant size) for your measurement. Right Handed Orientation.
- BREATHABLE NEOPRENE - Soft and Supple Medical Grade Neoprene for Moisture Wicking Comfort. Retention Strap Includes Metal Clip for Quick, Silent, and Easy Draws (Easily removable if you prefer speed over added retention support).
8. Smith & Wesson M&P Shield
View this post on Instagram
Gearing up for season 2 here in the next couple weeks, so keep an eye out! What kind of rounds have you guys and gals been carrying lately? What's the best range ammo for the price in your area? #winchester #american #gun #constitution #politics #trumptrain #president #jobs #capitalism #military #democrat #teaparty #republican #mattis #smithandwessonMPshield #fullmetaljacket #usa #political #weapons #technology #development #hollowpoint #freedom #maddogmattis #desantis #hornady #fortyfive #colt1911 #ak47
If for you, a strong stopping power combined with a manageable recoil are the components of a perfect lady gun, you’ll surely love the Smith & Wesson M&P Shield. This Smith and Wesson women’s gun is only 6 inches and about 19 ounces in weight.
Would you like to see more of the best guns for females? Check out this video about the best concealed carry guns for women courtesy of Green Light Shooting:
When it comes to choosing the best gun, it all depends on how comfortable you are with the weapon. The weight and the fit of the gun are all distinguishing factors that can help you decide whether or not that particular gun is perfect for you.
Buying a gun is like buying a piece of clothing—you only buy what best fits you in the most comfortable way. Regardless of gender, choosing the perfect gun for you would be a no-brainer if you already know what you are looking for.
Which gun do you think will be suitable for your lady friend? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in November 2017 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.