Need some advice in looking for a low-cost pistol that will fit your budget? These affordable handguns may not be very popular yet will still protect you from wrongdoers who can inflict harm or pose a threat to your family. One of the many things to consider when purchasing a firearm is the name and quality. If you ask me, I always tell people to buy guns from a reputable seller due to the advantages the shooter gets. But of course, I’m also aware not everyone has the financial capacity to acquire expensive pistols and some people simply feel the need to own a gun for defense purposes. So if you are in dire need of a low-cost pistol, these are the reliable handguns to set your eyes on!
Low-Cost Pistol | Bang for Your Buck Handguns
1. Hi-Point Model C-9
This Hi-Point handgun costs less than $200 and chambers 9mm ammunition. It operates semi-automatic and has a magazine capacity of 8 rounds. This handgun is not as comfortable as other semi autos but almost equally accurate in shooting. This model 69 is one of the best concealable handguns under 300 dollars.
- Package Includes: Phalanx Defense Systems Stealth Operator Multi-Fit Compact Holster IWB Inside The Waistband Carry, Right Hand + Ultimate Arms Gear Flexible Multi-Purpose Magazine Pouch.
- The Stealth Operator Compact is the natural evolution to the holster series, with a lightweight, minimalistic design that allows for comfortable, all-day IWB Inside The Waistband carry. The slim and simple profile coupled with an open-muzzle bottom provides ample barrel space for an incredible number of handguns.
- Designed for right-hand carry inside-the-waistband (IWB). Slight forward cant for easy draw and reholstering. Frame-Lock for Reliable Passive Retention. Lightweight, Durable, Simple. 100% Made in the USA!.
The P64 is a Polish-made semi-automatic pistol. It looks a lot like the Walther PPK in most parts of its frame. This can be a decent backup pistol and great for concealed carry at a price of roughly $200. It is obviously a small handgun but a reliable one at that.
- Inside Pants Holster. NOT for Outside Pants or Small of Back!
- Handcrafted in USA from full grain leather. This is a hard-molded leather holster.
- Hand dyed to preserve natural leather characteristics
3. Cobra FS380
The Cobra FS380 is chambered in .380acp with a magazine capacity of 7 rounds. It is made from alloy material and has a barrel length of 3.5 inches. This gun operates on a striker-type firing mechanism and has a very affordable price of around $120.
- Ambidextrous - Use Right or Left Hand
- Clip On
- Adjustable Thumb Retention Strap
4. Kel-Tec P11
The P11 is a lightweight semi-automatic handgun weighing only 14 oz. This polymer pistol is chambered in 9mm, has a magazine capacity of 10 rounds, and with an overall length of 5.6 inches making it an ideal handgun for concealment. It costs around $250 and available at less than a hundred on some used guns in online stores.
5. Chiappa M9-22
The Chiappa M9-22 doesn’t have much power compared to the pistols mentioned above. It is chambered in 22LR and has a barrel length of 5.2 inches. Though not as powerful as other low-cost pistols, you can be sure it will fire when loaded and has a magazine capacity of 10 rounds. You can purchase this Chiappa at a cost of $230 or less.
- This holster is truly a unique design. The design is referred to as a yaqui or slide holster.
- Carry Methods: Inside or outside the pant, Left or right hand, Front or middle of the back.
- The holster will mold to the shape of your gun to create a secure / snug fit. It is great for concealed carry and will fit most weapons.
Watch this video about the Kel-Tec P11 9mm handgun by brotherskeepers111:
These low-cost pistols obviously can’t match the more expensive and popular handguns in terms of durability and other aspects, but caring for your gun through regular cleaning and applying some useful modifications should improve its functionality. Besides, these can’t be too far in its mechanisms and design despite the difference in cost. At the end of the day, having an inexpensive firearm to defend yourself is better than having none at all!
What do you think about owning a low-cost pistol? Share your thoughts in the comments section below!
Editor’s Note – This post was originally published on October 10, 2017 and has been updated for quality and relevancy.